The placement of table and chairs in an ideal spot overlooking Merry Beach will be a welcome resting spot for both local and visiting people.
Council has successfully completed its consultation with affected residents.
Upon further review, Council has found a better site than originally considered. The new site has a number of advantages including:
* the site is easily accessible to visitors
* the site offers morning sun and afternoon shade
* there is no effect to the appearance of the mown reserve
* the site provides impressive views over Merry Beach
* the site remains on Council Managed land.
The new location has been assessed as suitable by Council’s environmental officer.
Council will advise of the implementation schedule once that has been agreed.Boomer Crescent new site